Friday, November 19, 2010
Memories- Chapter 1 Posted at 11:43 PM 0 comments (+)

Title: Memories
Chapter One: Untitled.
Genre: Angst/ Fluff
Rating: PG-13
Author: Sugihara_aiko
Disclaimer: Nothing to disclaim, except that the picture was to be found on the net, and i edited it using photoshop.
Author's Note: Is this considered fiction or non-fiction? Well, that's up to you to guess I supposed :D






The snow slowly landed onto my hand, as I slowly strolled down the path. That day, the crisp, white and shining covering transformed the landscape into something magical and full of wonders- for most of the people.

It was a saint night, a night where everybody celebrates with their loved one- and promised to stay by each other side no matter what. I was walking around, observing the others having their fun-filled time taking pictures, along with their wonderful dresses, suits. I stood there, as I hugged myself under the saint night, because that night, I was always destined to be alone. Looking up to the sky, and wondering to myself at the same time, ‘When will I have a person beside me like the others?’

I was only a mere high school girl that time, so I didn’t really think much about love. All I knew was, there was a guy that caught my attention. No matter where he goes, what he do, I’ve never got my eyes off him. “Is that love?” I muttered to myself. I didn’t know it too. All I knew was, when he told me he was attached, I felt like my world collapsed, and that it hurts so much, that I burst out crying in front of the computer screen.

Was that love?

I walked around the streets aimlessly. The streetlights were illuminating the bright yellow spots onto the ground, the Christmas tree been decorated with all the embellishments. It was indeed a perfect night for a joyous season. I didn’t know where to go, or what to do. All I know was, I was to walk aimlessly, to where my feet are bringing me too.

It was then when my phone ringed. Sighing, I placed my hand into the pockets of my coat, and took out my hand phone. The Caller ID stated was Unknown. “Hello?” I muttered into the phone, as I waited for the caller to reply me.

“Hello, where are you now?” 

“Who are you?”

“I’ve always been texting you, and there you are forgetting about me,”

“Oh,”

The person’s face flashed by my mind. “Saito!” I giggled, as I realized how stupid I can go. It was him, my best friend all along, who have accompanied me through my hard times, when the boy that I’ve liked is together with his girlfriend. Saito Hiroyuki, my best friend, my best buddy.

“I’m at the festival, enjoying the Christmas season,” I muttered, as I look at the falling white petals from above. “Well, that’s a coincidence. I’m at the festival, observing the big Christmas tree too. And, I saw this girl, who’s wearing white t-shirt, and a pair of jeans, with her black heels, with a thick black coat, and a beanie on her head, staring up to the sky. I wonder what she is doing.”

I widened my eyes, as his words got absorbed by me. I turned around, and realized a familiar figure was taking down the phone from his ears, and walking towards my direction. I smiled, it was indeed such a coincidence.
“Now now, what is a lady doing here all alone?” He asked, as he smiled at me again. I smacked his back, and turned away. “What have it got to do with you, stranger?”

He etched his eyebrow, and attacked me. With his two fingers, he tickled me, and I screamed. The passer-bys all stared at me, before I bowed down and apologized. “Hey! We’re in the streets, stop doing that!”
“That should be your fault then,” he giggled, and turned and walked away. “Saito! Wait for me!” I screamed, as I chased after him. Gosh, what a gentleman he is.

Walking beside each other, we passed shops and shops. Some were playing the Christmas Carols loudly, and some people were holding poppers on their hand, ready to pop them when they feel like it. The weather turned cold all of a sudden, and I realized I did not have enough clothing with me. Hugging myself, I try to refrain myself from shivering. Saito seemed to realize it, and brought me closer to him. I blushed, as my head was still facing downwards, my heart beating hard and fast.

We decided to stop by a café, and settled down, before we carry on walking. I ordered a hot chocolate, while he ordered a hot lemon tea. “Good for throat?” I teased, looking at him. He smiled, and shakes his head. He placed one of his hands into his pocket of his coat, and few seconds later, his hand was clutching onto something blue. He placed it on the table, and it was then when I saw it clearly.

Times-out chocolate bar?

He placed it on the table, and pushed it over to me. “Here,” he said, rubbing both of his hands together. “It’s for you, you can take it as a Christmas gift,” I looked at him, before I took the bar over. I smiled to myself as I picked up the gift, “Thank you!” I paused, and looked at him. “This is too shabby for a Christmas present!”
He giggled, and added on. “I can’t help it! I didn’t have anything on me, I didn’t expect to see you now,” I shake my head, and placed the chocolate bar into my pocket, taking care of it.

“I’ll see you in school tomorrow then,” Saito replied, as he bowed down. I nodded my head, and turned around. Somehow, I felt a gaze on it, and when I turned to a corner, I tried peeping behind me. I realized Saito’s eyes were on me, before I disappeared into the corner, then he turned back and walked home.
That was the time when I decided that it’s time to move on.

You know, every girl knows when they are in love. For my case, I don’t. I don’t know when I’m in love, I don’t know who I am in love, because I don’t probe much, not because I don’t care, but because I didn’t really want to know what’s happening inside me. In other words, I’m scared.

“Aiko! It’s school!” My mother shouted. I reluctantly get up from my cozy slumber and opened my cupboard. I grabbed my white top, and blue skirt, and hurriedly changed into them. I ruffled my hair, and using a comb to comb my long black hair, I tied it into a ponytail, and placed a blue hair band to separate my bangs from my hair. Grabbing my bag on the chair, I rushed down the staircase.
I was known as the House Number One Clumsy Girl. I stumbled upon the stairs, and I fall all the way down. “OUCH! MY BUTT!” I shouted. My second sister, who was settled in the dining room, laughed at my silly actions. “Aiko, seriously, when will you grow up!” She laughed, as she wiped away the tears formed at the tip of her eyes.

“What! Stop saying me alright, I’m already in second year of high school!” I pouted, as I got up, and went towards the dining table. “Good morning, Mum!”

My mother placed a plate with a piece of bread on it. “Come on, eat your breakfast and off you go, you’re going to be late!” My mother rushed me. I looked towards the clock, and realized it was 7am. My school starts in 30 minutes time! Widening my eyes, I grabbed the bread, and hurriedly spread some peanut butter on it. Biting the bread on my mouth, I hurriedly ran out, and tried to shout, “I’m leaving, Mum!”

“Take care!” My mother shouted. Just before I closed the door, I heard my mother started to scold my second sister to eat faster. Biting my bread, I slowly walked to school. It was winter, and the weather was rather cold. It was rather lucky for me to have brought along my gloves. Finishing my bread spread, I hurriedly took out my gloves and put it on. “Aiko!” A pat on the shoulder, and I turned around. “Oh! Yumi-chan, good morning!” I greeted her.

Yumi Kumiko, my best friend in school. To be exact, my un-identical twin friend. We practically did everything together, and everybody feels like we’re twins. She was my best friend, my best sister ever.
As usual, we were to wait for the announcement before going for our lessons. Yumi and I settled down in the cafeteria, as we awaited for the announcement. It was 7:17am.

“You know you know, last night, my parents brought me to celebrate Christmas! It was a blast, we did th—“ Yumi’s voice trailed off as I stared blankly into space. Her words were captured, but my mood just wasn’t there to listen to her story. That was when I caught him, and his girlfriend. I looked away. No, not now when I decided to move on.

“Aiko!” another voice called me. I looked at Yumi, and her face seemed pissed off. ‘Damn the whoever who interrupted my story,’

“Saito!” I called out when I realized it was him. I smiled, as I greeted him. “Good morning!” He smiled, and whispered. “How was the chocolate?”

“I haven’t eaten it!” I teased back. Just when he was about to mention something, the announcement rang. Shrugging our shoulders, Yumi and I bid him goodbye before we went for to line up in our individual classes line.

During lunch break, I’ve brought my lunch box, and settled down on the rooftop. Yumi passed over a packet of fresh milk over to me. “Here, it’s chocolate flavor,”

I giggled, and took it over. “Thanks,”

“Is there something going on between you and Saito?” Yumi asked, as she plucked out the straw that was sticking on the packet drink. She looked towards me, and turned back, as she took out the straw.

“Us? What’s going on?” I asked, as I initiated, and took over her packet drink, and took over the straw from her hand, and pocked the straw through the hole, before passing it back to her. “Thanks,” she murmered, and started sipping on it.

I grabbed the chocolate milk on the bench, and started to open it and drink it as well. For a moment, both of us was silent, when Yumi spoke again.

“I don’t know. I know both of you have been texting each other, but greeting each other in the morning..” she paused, picked up the chopsticks at the side, and picked up an ebi from my lunch-box and chucked it into her mouth. “It’s rare,”

I chuckled, and took over an eggroll from Yumi’s lunch-box. “We met each other yesterday at the festival for Christmas last night,”

Yumi’s mouth just shaped into an oval shape, and uttered nothing more.

Lesson was as usual, boring. He was in the same class as me, and my eyes still can’t leave him- even if he had a girlfriend. It needs time, everything needs time. If I said that I’ve forgotten about him, I’m obviously lying. There’s no way you could forget someone so fast, no, not when he’s your lover once.

“Alright, class dimissed,” our teacher, Kanako-sensei announced. I stood up, bowed, and greeted the teacher, before I grabbed my bag and leave my classroom. Waiting outside Yumi’s classroom, was always a chore. Why is it a chore? It’s because his girlfriend is in Yumi’s class, and I have no control over my eyes.  Action speaks louder than a word, that’s so true. Because you really never know when your actions will overtake your words, and do otherwise.

He walked into her classroom through the backdoor and finds her. I turned away, holding onto my bag tighter than ever. I couldn’t stand the scene revealing in front of me. Why it is that he wasn’t mine? I’ve always thought of this question, but yet, I didn’t know it myself either.

I finally understand now why he didn’t belong to me at that time. It was because there’s another person been waiting for me, and that he’s probably I’ve love to most. It was probably because of him- which have brought me to who I am today.

Yumi ran towards me, and we headed home together. Laughing, and joking together, we always passed the time so fast. We then bid goodbye, before we went to our separate ways.

Slumping on the bed, I sighed as I took out my notebook. Piles and piles of home works were awaiting for me. I took out my hand phone, and started typing on the keypad.

I’m home, and I pressed scroll down the contact book towards, “Mother” before I clicked send. I closed my phone, and continue to slack on my bed for a few more minutes.

The instrumental of ‘Aiai gasa’ of Tegomass played. I took my phone, and flipped it open.

Ok. Remember to cook the rice.

I replied another ‘OK’ before I closed the phone, and gently threw it onto my bed. No harm will be done, the bed is soft.

I stood up, and walked towards the cupboard, and grabbed my shirt and shorts before entering the bathroom.

“AH! COLD!” I shouted, when the icy pricking water touched the surface of my skin. I shivered, as I saw Goosebumps forming on the surface of my skin. Trembling, I bundled my hair up, and entered my room. My phone ringed, and I hurriedly picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Good afternoon!”

“Saito!”

“Yes, I’m Saito!”

I giggled at Saito’s silliness. “You’ve reached home already? That’s fast!”

“I’m not as slow as you,” he replied. This made me pissed off, “Hey, you’re not that fast either alright!”
Both of us kept quiet, before we burst out laughing. Through the whole time, I was on the phone with him, as I did my homework.

“Alright, I’ll need to sleep now, Good night!”

“Wait, Aiko,” Saito stopped me. I etched my eyebrows, and asked in a rather irritated tone, “What?”
“Um, nothing, good night!” and the phone line went dead. I shake my head, off my phone, and went to bed.
School was normal, and so was it normal for me. These few weeks, I’ve realized something. It was because that everything was passing by so fast, and that everything is ending so fast. I looked at the calendar hung on the wall. It’s going to be a new year soon. Will I get to be in the same class as him? I didn’t know actually, and I just hoped that I could forget him.

Fate really likes to play a joke on people right? On the first day of my third year in high school, I walked to school with Yumi. All the students around us were walking faster than usual- of course, to check the board to confirm on their new class. Yumi and I looked at each other, and we prayed to be in the same class.

“AH ! I’m in Class 3-3, what about you, Aiko?” Yumi said, as she tiptoed her feet. I tried to squeeze through the crowd, but was pushed to the ground. Glancing up, I realized the board was right in front of me. I slowly checked for my name.

Sugihara Aiko. Sugihara Aiko… Sugihara Aiko! Ah!

I squeezed back to the back of the crowd, and panting, I shouted, “I’m in Class 3-4! My dream class, my dream class!” as I held onto Yumi’s hand, and jumped up and down. We laughed at each other for been silly, and that we’re always one class different from each other.

Going to our new class, I felt awkward as there are un-recognizable faces. I looked around me, and everybody was happily chatting with their old friends from their Year Two class. I sit at one of the seats, and awaited for the teacher arrival.

It was when I saw him. He entered. Why did he got into the same class as me? In this way, I’m going to be seeing him straight for two years. Year Four classes will not change. I shake my head, and buried my face into my hands.

Is this all a joke?

“Ugh!” I sighed, cursing and swearing during lunch break. Yumi placed the eggroll into my lunch-box, “Here, eat this and cheer up! Just forget about him!” she said, while she placed an ebi into her mouth. I looked at her, and sighed. I didn’t really want to eat. I didn’t have the appetite, was it because of him?

I hated that day, because it was the start of my nightmare. But yet, who would have expected, one month later, something even better happened on me?

“And then.. Oh! I got it!” I shouted into the phone. I have got Saito to couch me in my science, because I totally don’t understand a single thing. “Thanks!” I replied, just when I was about to hang off, Saito stopped me.

“Aiko,”

“Yes?”

“Do.. you have someone you like?”

That question stunned me, as I looked outside the window, which was directly in front of me. That night, the stars were blinking so brightly, and that I was smiling to myself. How long have I really felt this relax before? How long have I…?

Wait, what was I thinking? Saito is asking me a question here, and I’m feeling relaxed?

“Aiko?”

“Yes! I’m still here,”

“Answer me,” he paused, and breadth out loudly. “Do you have someone that you like?”

The beautiful silver light reflected onto the Earth’s ground, which lit up the blank sky. It was as if showing off every being so beautifully on the floor. The wind from outside, gently blew through my face, and I finally smiled.

“I have,” I replied, the smile has already been plastered on my face.

“Who?”

“Don’t get too shock when I say the name, Saito,” I giggled. Soft laughter could be heard from the other end, and I knew he won’t. “I won’t,”

“He’s..”

The clouds by then have cleared, and what revealed in front of me was a full moon. I smiled at the scenario.

“He's.. someone, a guy I'm close with," 

“Oh, Alright, I won't force you to tell me, when it's the time, you'll promise to tell me, alright?” he replied, as I brimmed at every word he said.


We finally put down the phone, as I gazed out of the window.

As I said, that night, the moon was absolutely stunning. 

Labels:

All rights reserved your blog
‚óÄ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME


About
Christabel Yap.

Pen-name: Sugihara Aiko.
A major J-POP Fan, especially of NEWS, Tegomass.
Beware of my mood-swings, and i am definitely not friendly when i'm in one of the moods! Treat me good, and i'll treat you good.
I ain't no famous people, and just an average schooler, and goes to an average school.
Right here are original stories. Do look out for Warning as some content might not suit your genre. Enter at your own risk.
Lastly do enjoy :)
index
Affiliates
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.