Sunday, November 21, 2010
Memories- Chapter 2 Posted at 6:32 AM 0 comments (+)

Title: Memories
Chapter Two: Encounter
Genre: Angst/ Fluff
Rating: PG-13
Author: Sugihara_aiko
Disclaimer: Nothing to disclaim, except that the picture was to be found on the net, and i edited it using photoshop.
Author's Note: Is this considered fiction or non-fiction? Well, that's up to you to guess I supposed :D

<< CHAPTER ONE                                                                                   CHAPTER THREE >>



I’m going to be late today, you can go school first.

Alright, see you during lunch break then.

Okay.

I closed my phone, and tidied up my shirt and skirt. Looking myself in the mirror for the last time, and tidying up my hair band, I posed in front of the mirror. I smiled to myself, before I grabbed my bag and rushed down the stair case. “Mum! I’m leaving!” I shouted from the front door, as I wore my shoes. “What about breakfast?” my mother shouted back.

“Leave her alone,” my second sister replied. “I’m skipping!” I shouted back, before I tied my shoelace, got up, and left the house. “See you!”

That day, the wind was strong, as it blow towards my direction. I smiled, as I quickened my pace. He’s probably in school now.

Entering the school, I could hear loud voices and chattering from the cafeteria. I looked towards the cafeteria, and I realized that Yumi will be late for school. Having Yumi as my only close friend in school, I have no choice, as I found a table and settled down, taking out my notes to revise.

School starts in another 30 minutes. “I’m too early,” I told myself. Looking through the notes,

When Acid and Metal combines together, it forms Salt and hydrogen
When Acid and Metal Carbonate combines together, it forms Salt, Carbon Dioxide and Water
When Acid and Base combines together, it forms Salt and Water, which made this reaction known is Neutralization.

I scratched my head, as I read through the notes again. “Science, ugh!” I groaned. This sucks. I’m totally bad in science, why am I even reading science?

“Aiko?” A voice called me. I was relieved that someone have come by and talk to me. I was grateful. I closed my book, and turned around. “Saito?” I saw him standing behind me, when I turned shocked.
“What are you doing here?” I asked, as I opened my book again, without having the mood to read actually.
“No, I was here early,” Saito explained, as he settled down into the seat in front of me. “I was with my friend, when I spotted you,” he said, as he took the book in front of me, and read it. “Chemistry?” he paused, and looked at me. He chuckled. “You?”

I snatched the book over. “Yes! You got a problem with that?!”

I continued reading my notes, yet the words don’t seem to enter my mind. Saito was kins enough to help me out, by trying to explain to me that meaning. Yet, on the other hand, my eyes got caught away by the scene revealing in front of me.

It was him, and his girlfriend.

“Shit, not again,” I murmured. It seemed that Saito heard, and he glanced back. It was then when he realized what I was talking about.

His hands were encircled around her waist as they settled down on the chair, whispering into each other ears, laughing at each other. Their friends around them took that they’re just another couple, and show nothing particular. I hurriedly slammed my both hands onto the table, and stood up. I took the book, and chucked it into my bag. “I.. I’m going to the toilet,”

I ran all the way to the toilet. I didn’t want to think much, because at that time, my heart really did hurt a lot. My mind was running wild, like a broken cassette player, keep playing the scenes that I had totally wished I could forget instantly.

How is that possible? I was so stupid at that moment, to even shed a tear for him. That person wasn’t worth my tears. But, a person in love is always the dumbest, that’s the saying everybody have been told. I wasn’t particularly dumb, but I was blinded by love, blinded till I lost sight of everything that was so precious in front of me.

I crouched in one of the cubicle, letting the hurtful tears flow down my eyes. Shouting from outside could be heard, but I didn’t really care, because at that time, I thought that I would be the first person in Singapore, to die from a heartbreak.

I didn’t, of course.

After about fifteen minutes, the announcement was heard, and it was time for gathering. The shouting from outside- which was clearly Saito’s voice has stopped. I came out of the cubicle, and washed my face, before I report for class.

From that day onwards, or rather, from that love onwards, I told myself never to believe in love anymore.
I was wrong.

My class position was situated right beside the window. I was getting rather bored listening to the teacher, so I glanced out the window, and allowed my mind went wild. I thought back on all the memories I had with him.
From my first experience on holding hands, to my first experience to hug a person. From there, was my first anniversary gift, and the times he spent sending me home.

I sighed, as my eyes were fixed on the tree. It was swaying with the wind, the leave ruffling along. I knew that it was something that cannot be rotated, neither changed. His heart no longer holds me, and I no longer mattered to him, right?

His eyes hold another person precious, and I am just not that person.

But how do you expect me to fall out of love so fast? No, not when I’m in love with him for 1 year and 6 months!

It was a hard time forgetting him. I tried hard not to follow him with my eyes, I tried hard to see him during lunch breaks, and everything was futile.

Have you ever wondered how a twin is born? First, you have sex, and then two different eggs in the woman’s womb met two different sperms from the man. Then, the two lucky one merged, and formed two lives inside the womb. Both of them were destined to share the same womb, to share the food received, to share everything.

But when they’re born, and when they’ve grow up, what will they become? They will no longer share, right? They will catch their own happiness, go their own separate ways.

But is it an easy thing to just separate like this? They’ve been together since they were young, and have never been away before. In what ways have actually made them to separate from each other? If there is a skill, I would really like to learn, because in this way, I could separate myself far and far away from that person, and never meet him again, although I know it’s impossible.

“Aiko, are you okay?” Yumi have asked me during lunch-break, as she saw my eyes were slightly red. I looked up, and smiled to her, assuring to her. “I’m fine! I’m just tired,”

Yumi smiled back to me, and continued to eat her food, taking that she understood.

Lessons were boring, and my eyes were fixed on that tree everyday. It was a habit that I couldn’t get it off. People say that having your eyes focused on something that caught your attention, helps to forget a person. I wonder if that’s true.

I didn’t know, because right after that, I fall in love once again.

I throw my bag onto the bag, and slumped onto the bed. I closed my eyes, as the scene I saw this morning lingered in mu mind. I got up, and messed my hair, before I got my clothing to bathe.

Bathing time always seemed to be the best moment for me, in my opinion. With the hot rushing water coming down from the shower, it took away the pain and agony I felt the whole day. What’s more, been alone in the house is always in advantage. You can do anything you want, without been asked. Even if it meant that you are the scream in the shower, at least nobody would come rushing and banging on the door, ‘Aiko! Aiko! Are you okay!?’

Drying my hair with my towel, I stepped out of the toilet, and switched on the air conditioner. “Perhaps a nap might help,”

I walked over to my parents’ room and dried my hair using a hair-dryer. After that, I walked back to my room, draw the curtains, and lied on my bed.

When I woke up, it was already evening. Suddenly, a particular scene flashed in my mind. I hurriedly stood up, and ransacked my drawer. It must be inside, I must hold on to it. After finding it for ages, I finally saw that shiny ring.

I took it up. It was my first month anniversary gift from him to me during the times when we’re dating. It was a couple ring. It had my name, and a heart in between, followed by his name. In the inner side of the ring, the date we got together was carved.

160707.

I’ll never forget the date, or so I thought at that time. Because at that time, I thought that he will be the first and last person I’ll fall in love with.

Of course, as I said, I was wrong.

Placing the ring properly into the pocket of my wallet, I hurriedly grabbed my bag and went out. Yumi had agreed to meet me at the nearby shopping centre to eat lunch, before we go and catch a movie. I waited patiently at my bus stop, as I observed the cars passing by.

Right at the distance, I saw the bus driving towards my direction. Some people have flagged for the bus, so I’ll just stand behind them. I was the last to board the bus that was when I realized my card didn’t have enough money. In exasperation, I opened the pocket of my wallet, and searched for the coins. In a hurry, I dropped some of the coin. I bended down, and picked up the coins, before I gave it to the driver.

Giving an apologetic face, I went to settle down in the seat, never did I realized that, at that time, I have already lost something very precious to me.

“Yumi-chan! Sorry for the wait!” I shouted, as I waved to her. Yumi stood up from where she was seating, and smiled. “It’s okay, let’s go!”

I took out my card, and tapped the machine. I have already topped it up when I left the bus. On the way to the shopping mall, Yumi and I chatted so much that we have almost missed our station. We giggled at each other, for been obsessed with the talking.

I never ever wondered why Yumi and I shared so much in common. It’s probably our personality that bonded us together? Or probably that we enjoyed the same topics so much that we never get bored by it, no matter how many times we mentioned it.

Friends- is when they stand by your side whenever you are need. But, best friends helped you when you’re in trouble. I have many friends, but how many best friends I have? It was countable with my fingers.
Currently, I have two. Probably only these two that can really helped me. And of course, Yumi is one of them.

“Hey, seriously, I think you and Saito must have something going on,” she said, as she looked at me, while pointing towards me with the fries in her hand. I choked on my coke, while I blurted out. “Saito is just a normal friend, seriously!”

“EH! But the way he talks to you doesn’t seemed to show!”

“What do you mind?”

“Like, the way you told me how he texted you, it doesn’t even tells me that he only treats you as a normal friend, more like..” she paused, and a smirk appeared on her face. “More like, he likes you,”

I widened the shape of my mouth, as I stared at Yumi. “Stop joking! I only treated him as my best friend, and nothing more than that, plus..” I stopped, and looked at Yumi. Yumi rolled her eyes. “Yes yes, you still love that jerk, yes yes,”

“Oh stop it, Yumi-chan!” I giggled, as I looked away.

Yumi stared at me, “It wasn’t really a compliment actually,” I smiled. “I know,”

“Come on! Hurry and eat, the movie is starting soon!”

Yumi hurriedly chucked her burger into her mouth, and grabbing her left-over milo, we hurriedly rushed off to the cinema.

“AHHH! That was so touching!” I stretched my back, as I walked out from the cinema door with Yumi. 

Yumi looked at me, and etched her eyebrows. “Tell me again, why did we choose that movie?”

“It was because I wanted to watch it right?”

“Yea, right. I was in the wrong for even allowing that,” Yumi said, as she dumped her milo drink into the dustbin. “It was boring!”

“No! Is you didn’t know how to appreciate the story, alright!” I replied, hitting Yumi lightly on the back of her head. She looked at me and pouted. “Fine, you win,”

I giggled. “Anywhere you want to go?”

Yumi shake her head, as I probed on where we should go to next. Just when we were going down the escalator, I caught sight of a familiar figure. I looked closely, and realized it was him.. and just beside him, was of course, his girlfriend.

“Ugh!” I groaned. Why am I always around him when he and his girlfriend is together? At that time, I always wondered why God always played a joke on me. Is it because that, they are trying to punish me for not cherishing well enough? Or that he purposely stalked me, and knew that I would be around there, and thus come along with his girlfriend, to make me jealous?

Crazy and nonsensical thoughts surfaced in my head, as I tried hard not to think of the impossible. But yet, the scene in front of me have actually forbid me not to think, and all I know that if I continue to stay on, and continue to look at them, I will collapsed. I would not be able to take the shock, and the hurt that I will be facing later on.

“Yumi-chan, I’m leaving first, I.. don’t feel well,” I explained. Yumi shrugged her shoulders. “Alright, I’m bored anyway. I’m going home too, leaving together?”

“You can go ahead, I’ll be going to the toilet first,”

“Sure, see you on Monday!”

I walked aimlessly, not knowing where to go. I looked around, everybody was not alone, and I am only the person walking alone.

“OUCH!” I have accidentally bumped into a person, without noticing my front. “AH! I’m sorry, are you hur—Aiko?”

I looked up, and the person who was standing in front of me, was Saito. 

Labels:

About
Christabel Yap.

Pen-name: Sugihara Aiko.
A major J-POP Fan, especially of NEWS, Tegomass.
Beware of my mood-swings, and i am definitely not friendly when i'm in one of the moods! Treat me good, and i'll treat you good.
I ain't no famous people, and just an average schooler, and goes to an average school.
Right here are original stories. Do look out for Warning as some content might not suit your genre. Enter at your own risk.
Lastly do enjoy :)
index
Affiliates
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.