Saturday, July 13, 2013
Ano Hi - Chapter One Posted at 9:54 PM 0 comments (+)
Title: Ano Hi 
Chapter One: Prologue
Genre: Angst/ Family
Rating: PG-13
Author: Sugihara_aiko
Disclaimer: Nothing to disclaim, except that the picture was to be found on the net, and i edited it using photoshop.
Author's Note: A story of two sisters who went through thick and thin to fix their relationship. It's my first time writing such story so I hope you enjoy :) 





I can still remember that figure that had the back facing me. The winter wind was blowing that person hair and the full figure turned slightly to the side, to look back at me. The light was strong and I couldn’t see the person face clearly, yet the tone of the person spoke could make me imagine how the person looked as the person said those words.

“I hate you. Don’t ever appear in front of me ever again,” that once warm and gentle tone of voice, turned to a cold and icy voice.

That was the last day I saw the person, the day when I turn eighteen.

That girl stood out of her bed before she grabbed her forehead. She turned towards the calendar and realizes that it was 24th May.

“It’s been… four years huh,” she mumbled, before she got out of her bed and prepared herself for school.

“Yukiho-chan, good morning!” that familiar voice greeted her. “Ryoko, good morning,”

The said girl ruffled through her bag before she grabbed a small pack of a nicely wrapped present out. “Happy twenty-two! You’re a year older now!”

Yukiho took over the present and smiled slightly, “Thank you,”

“Yukiho-chan, good morning!” another voice greeted. Yukiho turns and the said boy appeared in front of her.

“Good morning, Tadase-kun,”

The boy looked over to Ryoko before the friend had made a slight movement of her head. Yukiho smiled bitterly, before she waved at both of them as she made her way to classroom first.

Ryoko then flew her arms around Tadase, and smacked his head lightly. “You’re useless! Can’t you even wish her a happy birthday?”

Tadase scratched his face with his finger in expressing of his embarrassment. “I was too shy too. Whenever I see Yukiho-chan’s face, I can’t get anything out of my mouth,”

Ryoko released the grip, and shook her head. “You’re really….” She paused, before she turned and walked away. She then whispered, “….useless,”

“Um… Excuse me, Kanozase-san?” a girl softly spoke as Yukiho turned to look at the girl.

“It’s your after class duty today, do you mind…?”

Yukiho, without saying anything, stood up and went towards the blackboard before she started taking the duster and cleans it. Few minutes later, the teacher came in.

As she went back her seat, she heard whispers of the two girls that were sitting a few seats away from her.

“It was so scary! I just don’t know why she doesn't give any expressions whenever we talk to her. It’s like, she shuts herself away from us,” the girl that spoke to Yukiho said.

“I understand. I tried talking to her on the first day of school and she’s like giving me the ‘don’t bother me’ face and I was so scared that I walked away without even introducing myself,”

Yukiho, overheard the conversation, but yet she gave no expression.

Her heart was dead. She doesn’t belong to here anymore.

***

Ryoko sipped on her drink as she sat across the guy. She looked really irritated and looked like she could snap any sooner.

“Why are you asking me out, huh, Tadase-KUN?” she said, with a tone of irritation in her voice.

Tadase sheepishly laughed in front of Ryoko before he sipped onto his drink. “I just wanted to consult you on confessing to…” he paused before he looked up at Ryoko before looking down to his drink, “Yukiho…chan,”

“Hehhh~” Ryoko teased Tadase, before she continued, “so someone have decided to confess after two years huh?”

Tadase shyly avoided the gaze of Ryoko’s before Ryoko giggled.

He then continued, “But… I am afraid that I won’t be the one that Yukiho-chan wants. You see, when we know her, she was always that way, expressionless. She has been shutting herself away from us. Even though we’re always around here, but I just had a feeling that we isn’t around her, that’s my only concern,”

Ryoko nodded her head. “I know what you mean. She never really speaks much and she just goes along with our flow. I don’t even know anything about her as well,”

 Ryoko then slammed the table hard before she stood up and looked at Tadase. “I have a good idea!”

***

“Right now!?” Tadase said as Ryoko pulled him by his wrist. “But… should not we tell her that we’re visiting?”

“It’s okay it’s okay. I always visit her when she’s at her part time job. No worries!” Ryoko ensured.

“Welcome, only these two breads, Mdm?” Yukiho said, as she took the bread and wrapped it before placing it into a plastic bag. “Thank you for patronizing us,” she bowed down before the older lady has asked her to bring out more breads.

“Excuse me? Why isn’t there are coffee bread anymore, huh!?” a voice was heard screaming from the front and the old lady had asked Yukiho to check it out.

Yukiho hurriedly ran to the front and saw a lady was a thick fur coat around her, and her long dark brownish curly hair flow down all the way to her waist. Although it was indoor, she had sunglasses on.

“I’m sorry… mdm. Our coffee bread is sold out and we only have limited number of coffee bread per day since it’s own hot item this month. Why not you---”

“Shut up brat. I don’t want to talk to you, get you--” the lady turned around, before she stopped her sentence. She then clicked her tongue, before she murmured. “Why the hell are you doing in such a place?”

Yukiho had question marks all over her face, before she looked up, “Mdm?”

The lady removed her sunglasses, and her face was revealed.

The face that stood right in front of Yukiho made her legs trembled, and she nearly fall to the ground before she grabbed hold of the shelves next to her.

Just then, the shop door opened, and Ryoko and Tadase have rushed it.

“Onee-chan?” Yukiho whispered.

Ryoko and Tadase turned and saw Yukiho standing in front of a lady, with Yukiho’s figure shivering.

Ryoko and Tadase found that something is wrong as they slowly walked over.

“Fancy seeing you over here,” the lady spoke.

“Onee…chan…”

“Tsk. Stop that calling. It disgusts me,” that lady replied, before placing her sunglasses onto her head.

Yukiho bites her lower lips and kept quiet.

“It’s good to see you,” the lady replied. She paused, and smirked. “in this state. It makes me so happy to see you suffering, my dear sister,”

Ryoko and Tadase eyes widened as they heard the conversation right in front of them. Is that really Yukiho’s sister? Why is she talking to Yukiho in such a manner?

Hatred?

“I--” Yukiho murmured, before that lady stopped her. “Okay, just shut up. Your voice is making me puke. I’m going to leave, it’s suffocating to breath the same air as you,” that lady said, before she turned and attempted to leave.

She turned and looked at the store name. “I will never come back here again, seeing your face, makes me think of memories that I won’t want to remember,”

Her figure then walked over to the door and passed by Ryoko and Tadase, before it disappeared into the crowds of the people.

Just when that lady left the shop, Yukiho collapsed onto the ground. Ryoko and Tadase, without any hesitation rushed over to help the said girl.




About
Christabel Yap.

Pen-name: Sugihara Aiko.
A major J-POP Fan, especially of NEWS, Tegomass.
Beware of my mood-swings, and i am definitely not friendly when i'm in one of the moods! Treat me good, and i'll treat you good.
I ain't no famous people, and just an average schooler, and goes to an average school.
Right here are original stories. Do look out for Warning as some content might not suit your genre. Enter at your own risk.
Lastly do enjoy :)
index
Affiliates
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.